Copyright© 2019 InEight
Isn’t It Time Cost Estimators and Schedulers Start Singing From the Same Songbook?
In an unspoken turf war between estimators and schedulers, we have come to accept that they are separate professions with separate toolsets. But why? The success of both disciplines is measured by the same end goal – a successful capital construction project delivered on time and on budget. Those same on-time, on-budget goals are inherently linked, and so should be the planning and estimating process.
In this webinar, you’ll hear a smarter way for cost estimators and schedule planners to better align their respective forecasts and “play nice” together. Specifically, you will learn how to:
· Create a fully integrated top-down cost estimate and high-level plan
· Work together effectively using work breakdown structures and cost breakdown structures through cost-schedule integration
· Detail out top-down forecasts into estimates
· Compare a top-down estimate to a bottom-up plan to uncover misses and adjust for risks
· Build artificial intelligence (AI-)guided time-based estimates and cost-loaded schedules based on past project performance
· Incorporate the real-world expertise of project team members, including estimators, in consensus-based plan reviews
· Help estimators overcome AI-based planning tool envy
Hosted by InEight
Chief Design Officer
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Time: 2 PM, EDT